Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
These additional functions are:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, he or she is not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
Some Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any wiki. Wikia janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see the Central Wikia contact page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
You may also wish to list them on this page.
- Bigteddy (founder, bureaucrat, sysop/admin)
- Checker Fred (bureaucrat, sysop/admin)
- Jvelizdevillaj (bureaucrat, sysop/admin)
- MHSSI (sysop/admin)
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator
1. You must meet the basic qualifications to be an administrator or content moderator
- Be active and have at least 40 good constructive edits.
- If demoted applicants must wait until the next round to reapply, however can still vote during the replacement application cycle.
- Be able to work together as a team
- Be active on this wiki. (we do look at your other wiki's to make a determination as well)
- At least have 10 contrastive edits after from being blocked.
- This can very based on the block and block history
- If blocked for any investigations, you may be lifted off this if found not guilty and/or have good cooperation with the blocking admin(s).
2. You will need to fill out the application to the position we are putting a call for.
Content Moderator Application
==YOUR USER NAME Content Moderator Application== '''''Application:''''' * ''Have any other users recommended you? If so, please list them.'' * ''How long have you been a user on this wiki?'' * ''How many article edits do you have?'' * ''Have you ever been blocked from the wiki? If so, then why?'' * ''What do you believe are the three most important qualities of a content Moderator?'' * ''Are you content moderator on any other wikis? If so, how many?'' * ''As a content moderator, what are some weaknesses that might effect you?'' * ''Why are our policies so important to follow?'' * ''What priorities of yours, if any, would change as a result of becoming an admin? How would those changes translate into your editing activities?'' * ''If a user is vandalizing the wiki, How would you handle them.'' '''For Admins only''' ====Support==== ====Neutral==== ====Oppose====
==YOUR USER NAME Administrator Application== '''''Application:''''' * ''Have any other users recommended you? If so, please list them.'' * ''How long have you been a user on this wiki?'' * ''How many article edits do you have?'' * ''Have you ever been blocked from the wiki? If so, then why?'' * ''Are you an administrator on any other wikis? If so, how many?'' * ''What do you believe are the three most important qualities of an administrator?'' * ''Why are our policies so important to follow?'' * ''What priorities of yours, if any, would change as a result of becoming an admin? How would those changes translate into your editing activities?'' * ''If a user is vandalizing the wiki, How would you handle them.'' * ''What key principles do you use in resolving conflicts between users?'' '''For Admins and eligible Users for voting only''' ====Support==== ====Neutral==== ====Oppose====
- Page will be unprotected once applications go live.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Administrator and content moderator Policies
Once an user becomes an Administrator they must be active on the Wiki. Every Admin should be editing or cleaning up the wiki and not just relying on one or two users to run the Wiki.
- Admins Must be making at minimum of a certain amount of edits each month
- At least 5 edits a month when the show is on hiatus.
- At least 10 edits a month (preferably 2 edits per week).
- Examples monthly edits can consist of.
- Deleting Unnecessary pages and comments.
- Blocking users who are not following policy
- Editing Pages
- Creating pages
- If the user does not apply to these rules they will lose there rights at end of the month.
- If you know you won't be able to keep up the required edits each month, let another Admin know so we can work it out.
Task to be done
- Each month one admin will be responsible for updating the feature/polls/quote/news and new episode sections of the home page.
- Keep video and image galleries up-to-date.
- Cast, Crew, characters, and episodes.
- Add interviews fo cast members if found.
- Make sure each image or video on the wiki has a page.