“Say My Name”
Season 1, Episode 2
April 4, 2020
On a KLVY News livestream, Mary is reporting about the Sock Market report when Captain Man goes live in the Man's Nest to explain what happened when he accidentally freed every criminal in Swellview, which Mary and Trent go on to name as Captain Man tries to stop them. Captain Man says that the Danger Force are searching for the villains at that moment. Suddenly, Miles and Chapa walk in with chicken wings acting very rowdy and start dancing. Mika falls down when she walks in and knocks the map over. As Miles talks back to Trent, Bose comes in claiming to have captured The Toddler but it is just a toddler. Chapa gives Miles milk when he asks, but it was actually spicy milk and Miles runs off screaming as the rowdiness continues. Captain Man is clearly annoyed glances as he looks at Ellis looking at the wings.
Then, at SW.A.G., Captain Man makes the Danger Force train and practice fighting because they embarrassed him on the news, but they get bored and start trying to use their powers but fail. Then, they all argue about who knocked over some pencils when an emergency alarm sounds that someone is coming, so they all transform the room to make it look like a real school once more. The person is a random guy who wants to ask questions about the school when Ellis runs in the room with giant scissors and Ray pushes the guy out. Mika then reviews the viral news footage that made fun of their names based on their livestream performance, so, in their anger, they create new names for themselves with reasoning and present them to Ray, who loves them. Out of nowhere, the guy walks back in but reveals himself to be Schwoz testing out his new security protocol. Ray tells the kids the story of Trent calling him 'Angry Punch Guy' on the news almost three times, until Captain Man paid him a visit during their broadcast. Ray accompanies his story with an archive video of that broadcast as he dances along to the music on the broadcast, where a younger Captain Man and Mary are also dancing. The kids question Ray's age, but Ray threatens to pay them a visit if they mention his age again. He tells them the story of his name, where the most popular guy in Swellview back in the day called him 'Captain Man' over the radio and it became his name. Ellis is in one of the chairs with the scissors and goes up to run around the Man's Nest, so they all rush up after him and get him off the scene. Chapa gets into uniform and walks to the news station to tell them their real names after Miles fails to teleport her, and Mika and Miles go on to find the most popular person in Swellview, which according to a chart is not Captain Man as Ray believes, but a girl that was on the same flight as a celebrity. Schwoz scans Ellis' DNA to find his mother and Ray and Bose go to find her. On the news, Trent and Mary are practicing their lines for the news but Chapa thinks it is real so she interrupts them to stop them from saying the fake name. They call security and Fran comes out from the food section to take care of Chapa. Meanwhile, at Hip Hop Purée, Mika and Miles find Natalie telling the story of her plane experience when Miles almost blows their secret identity but walk out just as Bose and Ray walk in. On the real news, Trent and Mary go on to announce the fake superhero names for a second time, while Chapa has a donut in her mouth that blocks her voice.
At the table, a waitress brings over Cheeseburger, Thanksgiving Dinner, and Chocolate Cake smoothies and they start arguing, spilling the chocolate on Ray's shirt; he goes to wash it off as AWOL and ShoutOut walk in asking why Bose isn't trying to search for Ellis' mother; she shows them his missing sign on the spicy milk carton. Chapa walks in breaking the bad news, and Mika calls Ellis' mother to tell them the location of Ellis, who has been put on a chair with a smoothie by Bose. Just as they walk over to Natalie, the Toddler walks in, interrupting the conversation but wanting to hear Natalie's story later on. ShoutOut tries to use her powers but they won't work, Miles teleports them to the same location, Chapa's electricity hits other people and the cash register causing money to fly, and Bose knocks himself out with his telekinesis fail. The kids decide to just physically get the goons but Chapa picks up the spicy milk and launches it onto the goons and the Toddler as they cry out of the place. Ray walks back in, shirtless, as the crowd cheers for the Danger Force victory. Two men walk through the door to get Ellis and explain that the women was the birth mother of Ellis, and they were the adopted parents. Ellis adorably says goodbye to the Danger Force with their real superhero names as Natalie starts livestreaming the occasion, which makes it onto the news to confirm their superhero names. The kids watch the livestream in the Man's Nest as Ray tries to call the birthmother of Ellis after falling in love with the picture but he claims the signal is very bad.
- Cooper Barnes as Ray Manchester (Captain Man)
- Michael D. Cohen as Schwoz Schwartz
- Dana Heath as Mika (ShoutOut)
- Terrence Little Gardenhigh as Miles (AWOL)
- Luca Luhan as Bose (Brainstorm)
- Havan Flores as Chapa (Volt)
- Leslie Korein as Fran
- Fox and Dashiell Messitt as Ellis Farrow
- Sophie Michelle as Natalie Mazdah
- Josh George as Guy
- Monique Burias Shi as Courtney
- Brandon Claybon as Dustan
- Tommy Dickie as Justin
- Ryan Pittman as Kimmie
|“||That's not The Toddler that's just a toddler!||”|
— Captain Man to Brainstorm
|“||If we ever get into a fight with an army of angry pencils... I'll probably still have to do everything myself.||”|
— Ray to the Danger Force
|“||When will people stop talking about my gorgeous hair? It's like, my eyes are down here people!||”|
|“||And I'm Brainstorm, because I'm smart! Wait, no.||”|
|“||Next person who asks me how old I am is going to get a little visit from Angry Punch Guy!||”|
— Ray to the Danger Force
|“||I hate commies, but I love mommies.||”|
— Ray, in an audio archive
|“||He's not missing, he's right here!||”|
— Bose, about Ellis
- The title is a reference to the Destiny's Child song of the same name.
- This episode takes place one day after the events of The Danger Force Awakens, whose events are mentioned in this episode.
- It is revealed that KLVY used to be called GRVY, likely representing the word "Groovy" that was commonly used in that time period.
- It is revealed that Captain Man used to be called Angry Punch Guy.
- Ellis' surname, Farrow, is based on the episode writer Jake Farrow.
- It is revealed if the press says a new superhero's name three times, it becomes their superhero name forever.
- This is the first time an LGBTQ+ couple appears.
- The picture of Beni, that Dog with a Hat, belongs to the Danger Force writer Sam Becker.
- Mr. Nice Guy from Henry Danger, along with other new villain names, are revealed to be more villains that escaped from Swellview Prison.
- The other villains' names are: Arson Boy, Lil' Mustache, Big Mustache, The Midnight Tickler, Trenchfoot, Sue Nami, The White Collar, and Mr. Guilty.
- This is the second time Ray fell in love with someone else's mom, the first being Henry's mom in Henry Danger.
- One of Ray's files is labeled 'The Bro Song', which is a reference to Henry Danger: The Musical.
- Ray also has a file labeled 'Kris Hart', which is Henry's mom.
- The Toddler's henchmen from the Henry Danger pilot, The Danger Begins, return in this episode.
- Mika's suit now has a logo, due to revealing her superpower in the previous episode.
- The scene where the Danger Force ruin Captain Man's KLVY interview is similar to Henry Danger episode Game of Phones and Holiday Punch, both where Captain Man ruins Kid Danger's KLVY interview.
- The video Ray plays appears to take place in the '70s. However this could not be the case as the Henry Danger 2-part special episodes Back to the Danger and The Danger Begins reveals Ray became indestructible on April 27, 1989, at the age of 8.
- Natalie holds her phone upward (portrait-style) in the ending, while on the news it appears sideways (landscape-style). This also causes a visual error on her phone.
- September 18, 2020 (United Kingdom)
| To view the Say My Name gallery, click here.
| To view the Say My Name transcript, click here.
|Danger Force episodes|